Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Give 'em Heaven Elder!

First, I have to thank Leah Hoogland for creating this blog and for all her future help in maintaining it. :) She is multi-talented and so awesome!

Today was a really great day and mainly because Jake was very excited and ready to go! What a guy! He has been preparing for a long time. For preparation he feasted from the scriptures and gained a testimony of his own. He attended the temple often and he made choices that allowed him to have the Spirit with him. He is ready and I am sure Heavenly Father is excited to have him as part of His army.

I have to say that I am so thankful that I served a mission because taking him to the MTC was so exciting! I cried afterwards only because I wish I could go with him; not that I want to re-live my mission but because I want to watch him experience everything that's ahead of him and I think it's a little unfair that I raised him and now I don't get to watch him become a man except through emails and hopefully some pictures but knowing what is happening to him as a missionary gives me a lot of peace as his mother. I loved my mission because it's exactly what I needed and so I have a lot of faith that it will be the same for Jake.

We will miss his silliness and his jokes and his laughter and his craziness. We will also miss our long talks and solving the world's problems right there around the kitchen table. I will miss him in ward choir. We already miss his friends Riley and Brock but hopefully we won't miss his friends that will still come around.


No comments:

Post a Comment