Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Rollin in B-Town

Hello Everyone,

This week has been a great week! We are continuing to see new people who are interested in learning about the restored gospel and reading the Book of Mormon. We still have three people on a baptismal date and If you could pray for Mike, Birdy, and Angela that would be awesome! They need all the prayers they can get. Other than that we are still trying to find more people and keep it a continuous flow of new people to teach so we have a better chance of finding those who are ready for baptism.

We had a interfaith "Ask me anything" night that was held at the Mosque over by campus just last night. One of our ward members organized it and it was so great! We was able to sit down with people from different faiths and we were able to exchange beliefs with each other and ask about each other's cultures. I sat down with a Muslim man and told him to tell me all the basics of the Muslim religion and then he proceeded to give me a thirty minute discourse on the Muslim faith. It was very enlightening! I could now tell you some of the basic beliefs that Muslims have :) We had a great time there and it was so cool to witness scenes such as an Atheist, a Muslim, and a Mormon all talking to each other and hearing the Mormon tell the Joseph Smith story to them. It was a great experience.

Well I love you all and I know that the church is true. This is the restored church of Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith is the head of the last dispensation of the fullness of times. The Book of Mormon is a witness of these things and one can get closer to God by reading and applying the teaching contained in that great book. I know Jesus is my Savior and Redeemer. God has a body that is glorified and perfect and He loves us with a love strong and more potent that we can conceive.

I love you all, and hope you all have a great week!

Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment