Monday, May 18, 2015

Continual fun in Franklin

Hello Friends!
Last Saturday we got to witness the baptism of Crystal Smith. There was such a strong spirit felt there, so strong that the members that got up to speak were brought to tears just talking about it. It was so great to see that the Lord is preparing His elect all over the earth to come into the fold of Christ and aid Him in the final stages of His great work. Crystal has also been doing some family history and almost has some names all ready to go. President Hilton talked to her at the baptism about temple work and after that she was so excited to go and you could tell she felt a sense of urgency to help bring salvation to her deceased ancestors. We are in the works of setting up a temple trip with the ward mission. We will probably go in the next 4 weeks. Elder Dodd and I were so happy for her and it touched our hearts and made them soft and mushy ;)
Speaking of Elder Dodd and myself, we got transfer calls and we will both be staying. Elder Dodd will spend his last transfer in Franklin before he goes home. We have set some awesome goals that will stretch us this transfer, but we can already see that Heavenly Father is laying the groundwork for us to accomplish those goals as we focus on them and pray about them daily.
It was great to be able to talk to my wonderful family last Sunday night. I sure love those goof balls :) We talked about the mission and some of the great lessons we have learned, but the majority of the time was spent talking about all the girls my parents wanted to set me up with from my dad's campus ward he is the bishop over... haha. I was pretty nervous when my parents said they had girls for me to date, but I must admit that they have pretty good taste! :D
Well I love you all so much, thank you for your faith and prayers. Keep serving the Lord and giving it your all. I know Christ lives. He is my Redeemer and King.
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment