Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Continuous fun in Franklin...

This past week has been a whirlwind. To tell you of the irony we have experienced I wish to quote my lovely companion on the ride home from transfers:
"Hey, maybe this transfer we won't have such a rough start! (Talking about me having a TIA warning stroke, living in Greenwood for two weeks due to the sisters taking out apartment, and having to move everything around with apartments).

Haha we let me tell ya... on the way home about 20 minutes after he said that we got rear-ended on the free way (not our fault) and it was a hit and run... so we had to deal with all that fun stuff and then about two days later I got really sick and thought I was experiencing similar signs of another TIA so we went to the hospital at 2 in the morning and they informed me that I never had a TIA but that I was experiencing sleep paralysis the first time and the second time I had inner ear congestion from allergies which caused me to have some vertigo... So they put me on meds for that but I feel like my head is as light as a balloon and I feel nauseous all the time. THEN two days after the first car accident after transfers, while I was picking up my meds from Walgreens, I backed up the car and as I closed the door and Dodd started to pull forward an old lady backed into our car....also not our fault. 

THEN on preparation day while at a zone activity, I went to lunch with a good missionary friend of mine who is one of my district leaders and he told me of some disobedience that went down in the zone. So we called President and he ended up ending their preparation day early (ours too) to have us all change and meet him in the city for a meeting. So we lost most of our preparation day to hear President chew out some missionaries in our zone. hahaha it has been a CRAZY week :)

Right now we are working with our investigator Anna. She was also another miracle who has come along slowly but is making great strides and is shooting to be baptized on June 20th. We found her our first day in the area and she was the first door we knocked. Today she told us in our lesson that she had actually prayed that day that God would help her because she was having a hard time and was at her wits end. She has progressed slowly but very steadily and it has been so cool to see how receptive she is to the Spirit. The change that has taken place in her is amazing. She is working on quitting smoking and if you could all pray for Anna that would be awesome. She needs all the prayers she can get.

This work continues to move forward, we notice that the Lord leads us from day to day and we are right now "pruning the vineyard." We do lots of finding and stopping by potentials trying to get people to progress past the first lesson. We are excited to see some of these people progress here soon.
Thank you for all your love and support, if you could keep Anna in your prayers that would mean a lot!
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment