Monday, July 6, 2015

Just around the [South] Bend! (Pocahontas, nailed it!)

For my last 3 months of the mission I will be training a wonderful new missionary named Elder Porter in South Bend, Indiana. South Bend is in the northern most part of Indiana and home to Notre Dame University (our area borders the campus). I am in the same zone as my old favorite area, Plymouth! I am hoping to go down there and visit many of my dear friends. 

Elder Porter is from Preston, Idaho. He is fresh out of high school and is extremely prepared for the work. He spent his growing up working on a farm to help support himself and his family. He is a very hard worker and seeks to do all things by the Spirit. President said we had some things in common and my hunch was right! He is also a ballroom dancer!! He did ballroom dancing for about 3 years in high school and loved it.


This past week has been so hectic but great. President really hooked us up. We took over an old zone leader area and received a full time Jeep Compass! But, with all that we have a ton of stuff to do. Elder Porter has been patient with me as I have tried to get everything under control,. The Zone Leaders before us didn't keep records well or clean so we had that to do plus I am a district leader with a new district so I had all kinds of fun stuff to do there. We were relieved to have a break on 4th of July :) 

We had district meeting on the 4th and then were free for the day to spend it with members, investigators, or in our apartments. That night the new Zone Leaders who I love came back up from Mission Leadership Conference and us four went out to dinner and then went to a park for about 30 minutes to catch fireflies and watch the fireworks, it was a blast.

Elder Porter and I are harnessing all the new greenie power that he has brought to the field and the little I have left and we are trying to lift this area. We set a goal for 3 baptisms this transfer and 3 next transfer, so if you could all pray for us to be able to find 6 precious souls that have been prepared that would be much appreciated.

Our ward is great. We have a decent sized ward and there are some Polynesian families in there that love to help us with missionary work. One of the Poly dad's played professional rugby and is sooo shredded! He looks like a tank :) His name is Brother Moala and he came out with us last night to teach and we felt like we were bringing a bouncer to our lessons, haha :)

Things are going great and I want to thank you for all your love and support.
Sincerely,
Elder Young

Displaying S1480008.JPG

Displaying S1480009.JPG

Displaying S1480010.JPG

Displaying S1480011.JPG

Displaying S1480012.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment