Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekly Update #8...8 weeks in the field ahahahahah! :)

Hello Everyone!
 
This week has been wonderful! Lots of lessons learned and testimony strengthening experiences. So on Thanksgiving day we went and played in the Turkey Bowl with the ward, WHAT A BLAST! haha we brought our investigator Lovell and he had a fun time. Also (drum roll)...... I scored a touchdown! haha Mom, your son isn't as bad at sports as we all thought he was! :D Then that afternoon we went to Wally and Deanna Lopers house for a thanksgiving feast. They are so similar to Grandma and Grandpa Smith its crazy! Wally even has a dream catcher in his car! haha They brought over two investigators and they had thanksgiving with us. What a treat! We were able to teach them some of the Plan of Salvation before dinner and we just had a really spiritual experience the whole time we were there.
 
Yesterday at church, our investigator Casey finally came to church! We have been trying to get her to come for weeks! That was a great experience for her and after testimony meeting was over she leaned over to me and said "Hey, could I do that?" and I told her that she could do it next fast sunday (motive to keep coming to chuch :D ) so that was totally wicked. Also earlier that week the Featherston's invited us and Casey to come to their house for dinner and a message. That was so wonderful for Casey, they invited her to church and I think that is what got her to come.
 
We have really been able to establish trust with the ward and it is such a blessing to see the ward's motivation for missionary work increase. I love this ward so much, they are the type of ward I would call the "battle-field ward" cause they are the ones that are fighting everyday to strengthen the ward and do missionary work. It's funny cause they found out I do ballroom and my ward mission leader's wife really wants me to teach a ballroom class to the ward (mostly for her husband) and I told her that I dont choreograph and also I would have to dance with Elder Easter or my ward mission leader, but that didnt seem to phase her haha. So we will see where that goes...
 
FUNNY STORY: I might have found the funniest old man I have ever met in my life. His name is Charles. Brock, I know you would think he was the best thing since super meat boy. He is Sister Featherston's dad and he is about 90 years old and lives with the Featherstons. He is always cracking jokes and has the funniest laugh/facial expressions ever. AND HE WATCHES THE BIG BANG THEORY RELIGIOUSLY!! hahaha apparently the whole Featherstone clan watches it. Also he is presbyterian and studies "the details" of the Bible. Now your wondering why I quoted the details, here is the funny story: So while we are teaching the lesson I ask Charles something and he says "oh you don't want to teach me, you could'nt awnser my questions." and when I told him to "try me" he asked "How old was Mary when she was pregnant with Jesus?"....??? haha then he asked me how old was Joseph when Mary was pregnant and then Brother Featherston said "Charles, those questions aren't even important!" haha oh it was grand :) then before we left he came up to me with a smile on his face and said "Hey, you know why I am still alive?" and I asked him why and then he said "Cause Jesus doesnt want me and Satan knows that I will take over if I go to hell!"..... :D what a goof ball.
 
Anyways, be a missionary is truely one of the best things we can do in this life and I am honored the Lord trusts me enough to help out in this work. Love you all and hope everything is going well.
 
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment