Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 12 in Culver!

Greetings friends :)
 
Had another great week of grace and miracles. We were sick with the bug that has been going around so we were out for about half the week and yet the Lord in His infinite mercy and love still allowed us to get 1 to 3 lessons a day. We felt His love as we had anxious feelings to get out and work but realized if we wanted to get better we needed to focus on getting better.

In fact, I had a cool experience where I was feeling really guilty for staying inside and even though Sister Steadman advised that we take it really easy and do what our body felt like, I still couldn't let myself relax. I decided to pray to know for sure what I should do. The awnser didn't come in the way I expected nor in the time table I expected, but it did come! As I was reading "Jesus the Christ" by James E. Talmage I was reading about the parables Jesus taught and one of them was talking about the divine attribute of patience. When I had read it, the distinct feeling came over me "I know you can work hard, now I need you to be patient not working." and I felt this peace come over me and I felt I could finally relax. I felt good about my decision and later that night I recieved a blessing which said that by my faith I would be healed by tomorrow morning and we could resume working. The next day I was all better! It truly was a remarkable experience and I have treasured all the times the Lord speaks to me through the Spirit. The cool thing was was that even though we were sick, we got more lessons this last week then we did the previous week! It is absolutely necessary to follow the Lord in all things for He will bless you and help you reach your full potential.

We are still meeting three times a week with Trenzo Williams. He is such a good guy. He has such a desire to be good. His past is a dark one and he greatly desires to do good. As I get to know him he reminds me of Alma the Younger.

We continue to meet with Richard Hill, he is doing good. We have a great relationship with him and we chop wood for him once a week. That always makes me happy cause I get to release a ton of energy when I am chopping the maple wood :) I split a big piece into three the other day, I was pretty proud of myself :)

Well I love you all, I hope you know that Heavenly Father loves each one of you. I am grateful to be here on the earth at this time and to know all of you wonderful people.
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment