Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekly Update (a week late - mama's fault)

Helllooooooooo!
 
Life is going good over here in Shelbytucky! We almost had a tornado last night and that was awesome! I was bummed I didn't get to see one though :( We are still working dilligently with our investigators and loving everyone we come in contact with. I found out that the hardest part about my mission is myself. As humans we have so many weaknesses that we have to work to overcome that if you focus on yourself on your mission it will be hard. So my companion and I are working on becoming as humble as possible at all times and just thinking positive thoughts. With that said though we do have amazing experiences everyday and are thoroughly enjoying our time serving. We are pretty goofy in our apartment and that makes up for some fun times. 

We just had stake conference and that was amazing! The whole session was on member missionary work. It was really inspiring! My mission president spoke at it and he is such a boss! I love listening to him speak. He looks just like Riley too! So Riley, if you see a picture of him, that is what you are going to look like when you are an old geezer :) 

Also on Friday, Elder Wilson, Guila(investigator), Jeff Loper(Member), and I all went to movie night in Franklin. The ward there hosted it and we watched "Ephraim's Rescue". it was pretty cheesy at some parts but really good for the most part! very powerful experience! Guila is doing extremely well! she has a person of interest and she was so excited to tell us that she was talking to him about the mormons and how she is going to join and that she wants the missionaries to come and talk to him :D she is great!
 
Anyways, I am learning SO MUCH and LOVING MY MISSION! Hope everyone is doing well, love you all and I pray for you.
Love,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment