Monday, November 4, 2013

Another great week!

Hey Guys!
    This week has been a great week of learning and growing. I often have many spiritual battles in my mind every day as my natural man wants to take control and my spiritual man is constantly beating the natural man down. It can be a weary process sometimes but I am determined to win the battle!
     We have been so blessed to be led to several new investigators this week. We gained seven new investigators this week and now have 12, I believe. Many of these new investigators are hungry for the truth and eat it up as the spirit teaches them. Its a marvelous thing to behold. We are also thinking of new ways to work with members and we are finding success in our new methods. I can feel the members starting to feel that fire of missionary work and are trusting us more and more. I feel that the spirit is about to take us over the brim of major spiritual success and it is simply our jobs to stay as close to the Lord as possible and be courageous in all our efforts.
     Some funny stories this week. So there is this guy that apparently EVERYONE in Shelbyville knows, and his name is Carl Bond. Well I haven't met him but the other set of missionaries have been over to his place a few times and the stories they tell us about him are hysterical! They say that he is about 65 years old, has the hair of Einstein and looks like Elton John and Ozzy Osbourne. He also has 7 pianos in his tiny house (he fixes and tunes pianos). Well the other missionaries said that went they went over to his house he went on and on about how awful and wretched the people of Shelbyville are and how he pities anyone that has to come here (which is ironic cause he is probably the biggest goober in the area) and he also had a gay roomate that feels the same way about this place. He is a less active member and I guess that he plays piano and organ for like every church in Shelbyville... except the church he belongs to... :) Oh and also I guess he talks and talks and talks for hours. haha last time the elders went over they were there for 2 hours and they said they literally said 2 words, HA! Every time the other missionaries come over and tell us stories about him it makes me want to meet him more and more! We went over to visit him and my companion was going to play him a song he is writing (my companion is this freaking amazing composer) and if Carl came to church he would play the rest of the song for him at church. But when we went over there he wasn't home but his house totally matched what I thought a person like himself would live in! it made my day!
    I am loving this work. It feels my heart to see the gospel start to take root in these people's lives. Elder Wilson and I are making leaps to become creators of circumstances and not creatures of circumstances.
The things I am working on to become a better missionary is first, of course, staying very humble. Secondly, I catch myself in my free time often day-dreaming about my future and how weird it will be when I return home in two years... I am working on quenching those thoughts and strictly focusing on the work at hand. I want to be a missionary who is completely involved in the task that is before me. I am confident that through diligence and relying on the Lord I can continue to better myself in these areas.
Thank you for your love and support!
Elder Young
P.S. oh and Guila got out of jail!! She got out this week and came to church. She is doing good and the ward is taking good care of her. She got out because of surgery and then they just released her for no reason until her trial in a month. she is recognizing the Lord's hand in her life and relying on him. she said she prayed like 50 times a day in jail and finally said her will was his and then a few days later her gall bladder acted up so she got out for surgery! I love the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment