Monday, February 10, 2014

He's being transferred but we won't find out until next Monday.

Hello Everyone!

I am very sad to leave this area! I have come to love our ward soooo much and am going to miss all the wonderful associations I have made over these past six weeks. Elder Orr is leaving in about 2 hours and it is going to be sad to see him go. He is a good missionary with a lot of potential. I know he will do many good things in Australia. 

Although I may be sad to leave this area, I have noticed that the closer I have come to the Lord, it is hard to explain but it is almost like my will is starting to intertwine with His. So even though i am sad to leave I do feel very strongly that it is my time to leave this area and to serve somewhere else. It is a surreal feeling. I am excited to see where I will serve next and who I have the honor of serving with. I know that there are trying times ahead of me but though the Lord I can accomplish all things. 

Speaking of doing things with the Lord's help. I do believe our area is ready for sisters. We have 8 investigators, 2 with a date, and many more potentials on the way. The ward has a new power of missionary work they obtained from stake conference. I feel that this area will soon come to life with the gospel and it was all the Lord's doing. I love participating in the Lord's work!

This week our investigator Bill Engle came to a FHE at the Stearns house (the Stearns are the coolest people alive!) and he had a wonderful time. We also had a lesson with him on saturday with Bro. Stearns and Elder Wilson (my trainer) came at the end and played piano for Bill (who is a big musician guy at a university), so that was cool! Then Bill also come to a sunday night fireside called "why i believe" and that is where recent converts share their conversion story and so that was a great opportunity for him. Hopefully the sister missionaries that take over this area will get him to start praying (we couldn't)!

Anyways, that is about all this week. Love you all! Hope everyone is doing well!
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment