Monday, February 17, 2014

Watch out Greenwood, Indiana...Here comes Elder Young!

Things are going well in Greenwood 1.2. My new companion is Elder Twitchell, he just got done training and so I am his follow-up trainer. 

We have a baptismal date from a guy named Richard. Richard is great, we love Richard :) He has been through a whole ton of things in his life and needs the gospel. We made a "game plan" for him to be able to get back on his feet and be able to fulfill the dreams he still has yet to accomplish (one of those is to find of good woman haha). His game plan is to read and pray daily and come to church weekly (very original, right? :) and he is very excited about it. We have been reading from the Book of Mormon with him frequently and likening it to him and taking it nice and slow so he can understand it. It is such a reward to see the light in his eyes and him say "that makes sense! I got it!" He has epilepsy though so he didn't come to church cause he had two siezsures in the morning and he was a wreck, but he is determined to keep moving forward. His baptismal date is for March 22 and he wants to meet everyday until his baptism. We are excited for him.
My testimony has greatly increased in being bold and courageous when leaving commitments with members. We have been leaving missionary commitments with members and the commitments consist of praying for opportunities, handing out temple cards, and talking with friends who might be interested. I have seen the blessings that come from that; member-missionary relationships increase, members are able to get the push they need to start their missionary work, and there is greater happiness with both member and missionaries. Yesterday while we were sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with a member family and we asked if they had people they were "working on" Bro. Liegible gave us THREE REFERRALS! I have not gotten a referral from a member since being on my mission and let me tell you, that made my day! Then that evening another member family we committed to missionary work called us and gave us another referral! That was a great night :)
I want all of you to know of the testimony that I have. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ; the Savior and Redeemer of the world. God's love for His children is too great to understand. I know that we have a prophet on the earth today who holds all the keys necessary to salvation. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. I also know that if we remain faithful and strive to improve ourselves throughout this life, we can become like our Heavenly Father and experience all the blessings and joy possible. And I say that to you in the name of Jesus Christ.
I love you all, thank you all so much for your prayers and love. You all mean a lot to me. Keep fighting the good fight ;)
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment