Monday, April 7, 2014

Greetings from Culver!

I have one word for you all.... CONFERENCE! Man what a great general conference we had! There were so many amazing talks given and the spirit was felt in abundance. I do have a testimony that the Lord will answer your questions you have through conference if you make the proper preparations for it. I had my questions answered by things said and unsaid. 

Also, was it just me or did you guys feel like it was Elder Packer's last conference address? I felt that that was his last time speaking, it was weird cause he was also essentially bearing his testimony and when he quoted a Oliver Cowdry about it being his last testimony, HE WINKED!!!! go to the video and scroll to 13:30 and he blatently winks to the audience. He must have received revelation that he is finally getting to leave this world and enter into the presence of our God. How lucky is he!? 

Anyways that was just awesome, I thought I would share that with you. Also I had the wonderful privilege of eating lunch with my beloved sister M'lynn and aunt Leah and cousins Rylan, Maddie, and Ian. What a blessing that was! I felt truly blessed to see them and I love them all so much :)

So the progress on our area is this:  I have been praying and studying this transfer with the intent of finding some revelation from the Lord on what he would have Elder Van Shaar and myself focus on this transfer. That was also one of my questions to be answered in conference. I still need to pray to confirm the impressions I have been receiving but I have been strongly feeling that our job this transfer is to "[help] new converts remain active and [help] less-active members return to activity", and to "strengthen the unit in which we serve." (PMG p.214) Our secondary task we feel is to then fill in all the cracks with finding new people to teach and bring into the church. Your input on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
We are striving to increase our effectiveness and raise our numbers. This is a different area because of the vast expanse of country to cover and driving time and mileage to work with, but we have faith that as we are obedient and we are trying to improve in every aspect of the work, we will fulfill the Lord's will.

I just want all of you to know that I know that this work is the work of God Himself. He is in the process of rescuing all of His children and we as disciples of the church get to aid Him in that process. How great is our calling! I would urge each and everyone of you to go, pray to the Lord for courage and a desire to share the gospel with others, then go out and DO IT! You will be so happy as you can reach out in love to another person and offer them the gift that everyone wants (they may just not know it yet;) 

I love you all and will be praying for you. Thank you for all your love and support, you truly make differences with the love you show one towards another.
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment