Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What a week! (another one) :)

Howdy All You Wonderful People!
 
This past week has been absolutely insane... WE HIT STANDARDS OF EXCELLENCE! That means that the Indianapolis Indiana mission has set a standard to shoot for, and if you reach it it means you are excellent I guess haha :) 

So the standard of excellence is as follows
20 total lessons taught
2 new investigators
1 investigator at church
6 member present lessons
2 lessons in a members home
 
and this is what we got by the end of the week:
22 total lessons taught
10 new investigators
1 investigator at church
7 member present lessons
2 lessons in a members home
 
This week has been jam-packed with miracles and we are still in awe by the power Heavenly Father has. We have realized that He and only He is in charge of this work and he can make an area boom or he can make it dead if He wants to. It is up to us to give our all and give it cheerfully and He will take care of the rest. 

I read a scripture today that illustrated that thought, it is in 2 Nephi 20:15 and it says "Shall the ax boast itself against him that hewneth therewith?" saying that it is God who does the work and we can either choose to be His tools and or sit in the shed and "rust" haha :) When we submit ourselves to the Lord and do all we can to do His will, then we can do great things through Him.

I love this work, I know this is the one and only true church. I know my Savior lives and loves each one of us. I know this life is the time to learn to become like our Father.

I love all of you so much and am so grateful for all the support you give to me.
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment