Tuesday, January 14, 2014

An Intellectual Conversion...

Howdy Folks!
This week has been a whole heap better. I have been making it a serious matter of prayer this week and it has been wonderful. I feel the Lord wants this area to pick up, He just wants His servants to rely fully on Him. So I am trying to do that. My testimony of Heavenly Father and His nature has grown immensely on my mission. I feel as though my testimony has turned into an "intellectual conversion" (Tad R. Callister, The Infinite Atonement). 

I love my Savior as well and will follow Him forever for who He is and what He has done for me. It is an absolute privilege to be out here serving the Lord and I often feel that missions don't just help bring others to Christ but "refine" missionaries as well ("The Refiner of Silver"-just read your email Sister Davis, loved it!).

This week we received a new investigator! His name is Bill Engle and his best friend is a professor of music at BYU. He has been around Mormons for a long time and is interested in learning more. He is a great guy and loves connecting with people so he is pretty much our best bud now :) Also we went tracking Saturday and got some sweet potentials so hopefully we can start teaching and baptizing!

My reflection for the week: since I have been training it has been really fascinating to see where my companion is at and remember where I used to be and to now see how far I have come. I love looking at mine and other people's lives over time and noticing the change and progression people make, it is really amazing what time and the Lord can do to people :)

Thank you everyone for your love and support. I love all of you guys and hope you are all doing well in your pursuits.
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment