Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A CHRISTMAS UPDATE!

Hello Everyone!
 
Wow, what a week!
 
First off I want to thank all of you who sent me cards, letters, and gifts. That meant so much to me and it lightened up my week tremendously! So thank you sincerely for that.
 
Secondly, I love my ward here in Shelbytucky!! We have had so much ward involvement these past couple weeks it's rediculous! We can feel so strongly that the Lord is hastening his work around the world and it is only through the members that we can take the next step forward. Bragging moment here: Because of the ward's involvment this past week we had 12 member present lessons (a lesson with an investigator where a member is involved in the lesson)!! That is a ridiculously high number. Most missionaries get an average of 2 or 3 member presents a week, if that. My testimony of the Lord and His work is so strong. I know that He is in charge of this work and if we are obedient and rely on the spirit, we can help Him bring about his work. I just feel honored to take part in it!!
 
Third, I want to give a shout out to my favorite animal on the planet, our beloved dog Cowboy passed away a few days ago from internal bleeding. He was 13 years old. He was the best dog anyone could asked for and he will be missed.
 
Fourth, this Tuesday (Christmas Eve day) we are having three baptisms. The people getting baptised are Casey Antle, and then Melinda's two girls Stormy Helsley, and Dameona Williams. All three are very excited to get baptised and we are just as excited for them! Its cool to see it be a confidence booster for the ward to have some new members.
 
Hope everyone is doing well, I love you guys and pray about you. Keep following Christ, for He is the way to salvation and exaltation. I better see every last one of you in the Celestial kingdom or I am going to be furious! :) Spread the gospel with someone you know or make a friend and talk about God and His love for us, that is my commitment for all of you. I know it will bless your lives and the lives of others.
 
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment