Wednesday, January 1, 2014

ANOTHER CHRISTMAS UPDATE and a transfer.....

Feliz Navidad!
 
This week has been full of love and joy and lessons learned. Casey Antle was baptised on Christmas eve day. What a wonderful occasion, she has such a strong desire to follow Christ and she is just plain awesome :) Also tomorrow on New Years eve day our other investigator Cathy Harden is getting baptised. She is a fireball of spirituality! She used to be jewish so most of the commandments she was already living. It is been amazing working with so many amazing people; investigators, members, and the other missionaries. They bring me so much joy and happiness. Christmas day all the elders went over to the Lopers (the super stars of missionary work.... like fo reals.) and they invited our investigator Cathy over with her two little boys for the whole day and also our recent convert Sister Graham. We had so much fun playing card games and just laughing our heads off the whole day, I will always be grateful for the Lopers and their amazing examples.
 
I AM LEAVING SHELBYVILLE!! It is so sad! Transfers are on Wednesday and I will be leaving and will be training a missionary on his last 6 weeks of training. I can just feel that there are going to be a whole ton of humbling experiences and many lessons to learn which is good cause I need them! I am super sad to leave my ward here in Shelbyville, i am going to miss them so much. This ward here, they are the "war zone" ward. Everyday they are doing missionary work and constantly striving to build the kingdom of God. I have so much respect for their sacrifices and dilligence. I hope that I can be like them someday. The work is truely hastening though. The first 6 months of this year the ward had about 68 member present lessons, these last 6 months there has been 138 member present lessons. Is that crazy or what!? Anyways, I am excited to come back in a couple years and visit Shelbyville and see the growth of the ward.
 
Hope everyone is dcing well, thank you so much for the love and support you show me. I love all of you so much. Sorry if I can't write everyone this week my time is almost out and they wont let us extend.
Sincerely,
Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment